Monday, February 23, 2009

17 days

17 days to go until the move!

Packing has begun... and I swear I did not know that there was that much dust on my bookshelf! Also, those huge ziplock storage bags are awesome, I totally recommend them.

In other news, my cousin's wife was sent home on hospice care Friday. I went to see my family this weekend and it was all very sad. She's just 27 years old... young, newly married... but she has been sick for a long time so I think it was harder watching my cousin watch his wife. It made me appreciate all the little moments I have had with Sgt. and all the ones I have to look forward to, even more. She is still hanging in there but we know it won't be long now so please say a prayer for my family if you have some room.

This is my last Monday at work... I can hardly believe it. A four year chapter is being closed here on Friday and as I told Sgt. this morning... I'm ok with it. I will miss them, they are my family, I love this place and it will always be a part of me, the experiences I have shared here were both small and large but no less a part of the story than anything else. I'm sure the sadness will hit next week sometime but it all feels right. It feels like the right time, going to the right place, leaving on a good note, and I'm so excited for the new experience ahead of me! So, watch out Tennessee, here I come!

It's funny how after returning from my long weekend with Sgt. over Valentines day, I suddenly felt like a visitor here. Not quite a visitor, it was familiar... and I fit in, I looked like the natives... but at some point over that weekend "Home" transferred for me. It was our apartment with the tough box furniture (save for another post, but honey, don't worry, I love you and there is absolutely nothing wrong with tough box furniture..... for now) and the comfy couch big and soft enough for two. Our kitchen with that large bakers rack and the dry erase board on the fridge that lists "Ketcup" among the other need-to-get items from the store. It was him, there when I woke up in the morning and hearing him sneak up behind me with a cup of coffee in his hand. Him playing video games with me and feeding me the dreaded orange gummie bears when I walked into a wall on said video game. I missed home... and in just a short 17 days, I'll be back!

Things are crazy busy right now and probably won't slow down so the blogging will be in and out but I'll do my best to keep you all updated! Until then, I'll be the girl with the huge smile on my face purchasing bubble wrap at the store :).

5 comments:

loqi

Sounds like you and I are on the same schedule woman - how exciting! Woohoo! I don't have a set number of days until I get to move, but this is my last week of work too. Just like you said, I'm excited to leave on a high note.

Do you have a new job yet? I don't and I feel like everybody here is asking me about it and it's none of their business!! Of course I have been know to be just a tiny bit over-sensitive when people ask me personal questions. :-p

d.a.r.

Eeeek I am so excited for you, it is getting close!! Good luck with all of the packing and organizing and closing of chapters as you prepare to start a brand new stage!

J.L.S.

Ooooo!!! I'm so excited for you! You are going to be an east coaster soon! Yay! I'm glad that everything feels right this time. That makes all of the difference!

Good luck getting everything done and have a safe and happy move!

Erin

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is heartbreaking!

But so excited for you about the upcoming move!

The Mrs.

good luck packing! just think how much more fun it will be on the other end putting everything in its place and making home home.

your family and your cousins will most definately be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank goodness for angels like hospice.