Thursday, September 23, 2010

I miss my blog

I really do!  I just feel like I've been away from it so long I don't know where to start so this is my third attempt at blogging again after my very long absence.  No promises but hey, it's worth a shot!

I am getting married in 23 days!!  WOW.  I seriously can not believe it.  I keep telling Sgt. that getting married only makes me feel really young, not old.  Kind of like "Wow... I'm in my twenties and I'm going to be a married woman... I'm going to be a wife...."  and I mean that in the best way possible.  I'm so so excited and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!  It's just such a major life change, I'm trying to take it one step at a time and take it all in.

Wedding planning has definitely been an adventure.  Planning a wedding is hard enough, planning an out of state wedding is grueling, especially for a control-freak-perfectionist-who-won't-let anyone-else-help.  In truth, I have let one person help - My MOH has been OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing!  She's really the only person who's opinion I trusted  enough to make major decisions (because our opinions are so similar) and I've been lucky enough to be able to make a few trips down to Texas to iron out details.  My vendors have been great over the phone and e-mail (for the most part *cough*) and we've been really blessed to have a lot of connections for things involved with the wedding like invitations, the venue, etc..

However, (and of course, there is always the "but") there are still a MILLION things to do in the next 23 days.  I mean, if I'm being completely honest people, I just got a cake yesterday.   Between working 50 + hours a week and trying to plan this wedding I just don't have enough hours in the day (age old complaint huh?) and I worry about everything getting done. 

The list as it stands now:
  •  Pick cake flavors
  • send playlist to DJ
  • Buy wedding shoes
  • Get Sgt. wedding gift
  • Make pew decorations (25)
  • Purchase favors (it's food so we're trying to hold off until the last minute so it's fresh)
  • Make flower girl tutu
  • Get wedding jewelry
  • Reserve wedding night hotel
  • Purchase Jr. Bridesmaid gifts
  • Purchase Groomsman gifts
  • Purchase parent gifts
  • finalize rehearsal dinner menu
  • Plan morning after brunch (family thing)
  • Make a list of alcohol and mixers needed (we have to stock our own bar)
  • Get marriage license
  • Iron all linens
  • Buy candles for ceremony and reception
  • Write vows - (I know... I know.)
  • Pick Ceremony Readings
  • Pick Ceremony Readers
  • Haircut and Color
  • Create ceremony programs
  • Make wishing tree for guest table
  • Layout wedding day schedule
That's the short version, there are lots more little things but you get the idea.  Everyone says that it all comes together so that's what I'm banking on.  Oh, and if you have an suggestions for cake flavors or fillings... send them my way!

0 comments: