Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Recap

Hello all!  I'm hiding out under behind my desk.. if you see them... you know... my employees... tell them I left.  No, better yet, tell them I am EVERYWHERE.... watching...

Ugh... I wish I could have put a pause button on the Christmas vacation and continued sitting there in my underwear on the couch wrapped up with my husband watching movies.  And no judgement about the underwear...  wearing anything more than boy shorts and a t-shirt around the house on the weekends calls for a very special occasion.  Coming back to work after my four day weekend has been non-stop.  It began yesterday with an eye-rolling-poor-attitude-yelling-in-the-lobby-and-calling-me-a-racist employee (who's still here today.. I know. I know.) and hasn't stopped.  Yesterday ended with me leaving the office at 8:00pm (after arriving at 7:30am) after painting 8 life size stick figures doing physical activities (think, jumping, dancing, climbing, etc..)

No, that's wrong, it ended with a big glass of wine. Maybe two.

Oh yeah, I was talking about Christmas.  It was WONDERFUL!  Just the two of us.  We stayed home this year again and loved our first married Christmas :).  I got a new bedding set (!!!) that I have been dreaming of, a cute scarf-glove-hat set, some pretty picture frames with TBD wedding photos to put in them, a board game, and some other fun stuff.  Sgt.'s big gift was a blu-ray player so we sat around and watched movies the rest of the day/weekend. We drove around on Christmas night to find the one burger place that was open and indulged in some cheeseburgers. Laziness at it's best folks.  I also treated myself to a manicure and a pedicure since I never have time because I work 45 minutes away from home at least 10 but sometimes 12 hours a day

I've realized that I HAVE to get better at taking pictures of the two of us.  Honestly, I am a ham and really like being in front of a camera... but the down side is I never think to actually get OUT the camera... I just assume someone will want to take pictures. Except it's just the two of us and there is no family around... So, I have no photographic evidence of our first married Christmas.  Kind of sad. The memories were good though, and I promise myself that 2011 will be the year of picture taking!  Maybe I can take a picture a day?  That might be a little much. Picture a week?  Eh, I'll think about it.

Not really much else to report.  I work, he goes to school and works out, we eat dinner, and go to sleep.  Life as usual.  We are supposed to be driving up to Indiana this weekend.  Throwing a wrench in the mix!  I promise to put pants on for this occasion (mostly because it's about 30 degrees here, and we're visiting his grandparents) - but we also always make a mix CD of driving tunes for road trips.  We like almost every genre (between the two of us), so do you have any suggestions?!

Hope all is well in blog land my friends... I apologize for the random ramblings.  Well I suppose I have stick figures to hang up so I better get to it. It's times like these where I wish I had an invisibility cloak.

0 comments: