Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A 1/4 of an inch to an 1/8 of an inch

So this morning I stumble around at an early 4:00 am but hey, it's all worth it when the man wakes me up with a Chai Tea Latte.  He gets up insanely early.... like 2:00am these days trying to get all his homework finished up (taking 18 hours... and volunteering and such makes for a very tired fiance) so I try and get up a little after him so we can have at least 10-15 minutes to chat and visit before work and school take up the rest of our day.  Anyway... I'm straying from the point.  This morning after I woke up, I asked him if he needed help with anything and he said "yeah, you can put my uniform together if you'd like" Tuesday is ACU day so I cheerfully stuck on patch by patch, I straightened and aligned badges and when it was all done he came over and said "Good job baby!  Just this one..." and he adjusted his wings.  Task completed.  When we walked into the kitchen for more coffee I said "I'm pretty good honey, you should be proud of me!" (as you can tell I'm quite modest)

And just to drive the point home, he was, and I am proud of me too... at least it made me feel like I've learned something with all this time in enlisted Army and in-between Army wold.  It's the little victories I suppose.  *pats self on the back*

0 comments: