Monday, September 22, 2008

Creepy crawly things

I have seen 3 cockroaches in the last 12 hours. 3. To you, this may not seem like a big deal, but I have a slightly larger fear of cockroaches than most. Refer back to the Godzillapede post for a reference. But really... I think it stems from a long long time ago when I was maybe 8 or 9, a cockroach crawled up my nightgown while visiting a family friends home and well, things just haven't been the same since. In any case, they're freaking me the hell out. I've had to work long long days at the office to finish up a project I'm working on, for which the deadline is this weekend, and I am having a really hard time concentrating seeing as a cockroach just fell from the ceiling not 30 min. ago. I threw something at it and it scurried away, but now I'm having a hard time moving.

To make it clear, I don't work in some run down old building... I just work in the hill country, sort of an "outdoors" type of job, even though our office is indoors, it was built in the 1920's and then remodeled some 30 years ago... we're not talking state of the art stuff here, just cozy... and apparently contaminated with cockroaches.

With the bug situation at hand and the fact that I am stressing out about said work project (due in 6 days, which must be finished before I can leave to see Sgt.) - I could really use something to calm the nerves down a little bit.

Or at least some bug spray.

1 comments:

Keri

I'm creeped out just reading this. I've never had to live anywhere where we've dealt with cockroaches...Yet. *shudder*