Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

I love the fourth of July because I love all the different ways people celebrate our country. I'm not one of those people who says grilling hot dogs and getting a tan has nothing to do with the fourth... It's OUR country, choose how you want to celebrate it! I'm trying to remain positive today, I miss Sgt. especially on holidays because I know how much fun we would have if we were together. It's hard not to focus on everything he's missing out on, on the things we're sacrificing as a couple, (that MANY couples are sacrificing) today... but in a lot of ways, Sgt. and I are celebrating the fourth of July in the most devoted way we know how. I know that goes for a lot of you out there as well. So thank you!!
Our country has a long tradition of brave people standing up for her and protecting her. The stories are countless and each one a thread of the fabric that is our nation. I am DAMN PROUD to be an American... and even more than that, I am proud of the man I love who wears the uniform of someone called to serve their country. For the fourth I thought I'd post some videos and quotes that encompass a lot of the things I love about our country, about the Fourth, and about our armed forces. Enjoy! Have a WONDERFUL day, and enjoy it with the people you love!
"Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defence and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.” - Andrew Jackson


The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission. - JFK


What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom "to" and freedom "from." ~Marilyn vos Savant


Happy 4th of July!!

0 comments: