Thursday, November 13, 2008

Neat stuff!!

So, for all of you who have a loved one stationed somewhere else around the world this holiday season, I wanted to share this little bit of information with you!

If you go to Stripes, which is a military newspaper publication found on many posts and bases throughout the world (including to areas where our military is deployed), you can send a holiday greeting to your loved one for free! You can even send one to a friend or to a unit. (unlimited!)

Just go to www.stripes.com and click on the link at the top right hand corner. From there click "Send a message" and it's a piece of cake! I sent one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas last year when Sgt. was deployed - just another way to get out the "I miss you and I'm thinking of you"'s so check that out!

---------

In other news Sgt. is heading out to the field this weekend. He's been busy helping prepare his class for that. The mentor roll is something he really enjoys - listening to him talk about his guys, how they've improved, what they're starting to understand - makes me happy :). It's feels good knowing he's not miserable or hating something he's committed to.

Sorry, I know this blog is kind of empty with content. I'm working on a post it's just not flowing yet... hopefully tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great evening!