Friday, November 7, 2008

On the road again...

Yay! It's Friday!!

Around 1:00pm today, give or take 30 min..., I'll be hitting the road on my way to Texarkana for a weekend with Sgt.!


Now, Texarkana is not the most glorious place on earth, but it's got it's own flavor and of course, who could miss taking a picture in front of that sign! Ok, ok... so really, we're meeting there because it's pretty much half way between where I live, and where he lives in Tennessee. (Yes, Texas really is THAT BIG that half way is still in my state.) I can't wait though, I'm so excited! I'll probably arrive a couple of hours before him because he has to wait until he gets out of class. Poor guy is going to be exhausted, he's been up since... 3:00am(? about anyway) and will arrive around midnight... talk about determination!

Of course, I'm looking forward to the trip for obvious reasons: I miss him and haven't seen him in nearly 3 weeks... (can't believe it's already been that long!). This will also be our first visit since all that happened in Tennessee and when I got back... so I'm looking forward to reconnecting in person again instead of just over the phone. Don't get me wrong, the phone is great! And I am so blessed to be able to talk to him as often as I want, but there's something different about having a person there, and I know that nearly every single person who reads this blog can totally agree. We don't have anything fancy planned, other than spending time together, which in my opinion is the best plan we could make. He's got some homework and studying he'll have to do, and we'll have about a day and a half together total, but what matters is that we'll be together - and that's all I care about.
And then, there's the things I'm not looking forward to... take this beauty for example:


The good is that it's a straight shot from San Antonio to Dallas on this... er... beauty. Which works out well for someone like me who has a hard time realizing if a street is a one way or two way - however, the traffic on this monstrosity, especially on a Friday, is exhausting. Never mind the fact that they've been doing construction on the thing (and I would imagine most highways are like this) since I can remember (and I've lived in Texas for most of my life) - but it also goes through three major metropolitan cities. San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas. I've hopefully timed it out so I will miss rush hour in most places... although I have a feeling I'll get caught up in Dallas, but traffic on 35 can be a nightmare.

Oh well, it'll all be worth it in the end.

I guess that's pretty much the only downside. I thought I might be a little more anxious about how things between us would be, but I'm not. We're just excited to see each other! Maybe that will change the longer I have time to think about it on the 8 hour drive, but I think I'll be ok!

Hope y'all have a great great weekend! "See" ya, when I get back!

5 comments:

loqi

Hope you've got some great music to keep you company. The miles will fly by no matter what the traffic is like, since you know your Sgt is on the other end. :-D

And yes, there's just no substitute for the "in person". I'm soooo excited about my weekend too! Woot!

Rebecca

I haven't seen my boyfriend since July, and I'm hating the phone relationship we have. Hopefully I'll be able to see him at Christmas. Hope you have fun!

Erin

Have a great trip!

Sara

I'm hoping you and Sgt have a WONDERFUL weekend together!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

e

hello there - i noticed we blog in the same circle and just wanted to stop by and say hello :)

I've found that for long car rides audio books really pass the time! Hope you had a great weekend :)