Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New month, new day, new post!

After lots of deep breaths and considering all the options we decided to go ahead and get the car fixed. Take the financial hit, but still make the trip up to the Volunteer State. I'm trying my best to be positive, to look on the bright side, to feel encouraged and uplifted... things happen in life and we couldn't really have anticipated this, just do what you gata do and move on, right?

Sgt. called them and paid half of the repair costs, along with getting all the logistics figured out. Although that might not be a long string of sweet nothings or a romantic night out, it is an incredible and amazing act of love. He's doing what he can to get me there, and to take stress off of me, and I don't think he realizes how much I appreciate him for it. He does an amazing job at just caring for me, whether it be in a frustrating situation, an encouraging word, or putting my wants and needs above his own. I am incredibly blessed.

As long as I can find a temporary job while I'm up there, and make a decent amount of money (or get lots of hours, one or the other) then we should be ok. Like I've said before, if you're the praying type... a decent job would be a God send right now. I trust that he will take care of us and open something up that is best for me, and for us, and for the situation we're in right now.

So, we're back to the countdown! Four days till I get to see my guy! The to-do list is long, and the stress level high, but there is nothing else I would rather work towards at this very moment!

1 comments:

New Girl on Post

I'm glad that everything is working itself out and you get to go after all! I'll be praying that you find a job.